Pho Ga, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup. In this Vietnamese Chicken Pho (Pho Ga) recipe, you'll learn how to make a home-cooked, authentic Vietnamese chicken noodle soup. Those two extra steps for cleaning chicken is not absolutely necessary, but it will give you the cleanest, best tasting Chicken Pho soup you'll ever have. Quick weeknight chicken pho from expert Andrea Nguyen!
Phở Gà, or chicken pho is the Vietnamese version of Chicken Noodle Soup. With a light clean chicken broth and flat rice noodles it's soothing comfort food at Making great chicken stock can be challenging. A bowl of pho ga consists of soft slippery pho noodles, sliced or shredded chicken meat and How to Cook Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup. You can have Pho Ga, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup using 27 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pho Ga, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need of Meat.
- It's 500 g of Chicken Thigh (On the Bone).
- It's of Chicken Breast Boneless (Optional).
- You need of Broth.
- You need 1 of Knotted Chicken Stock Pod.
- Prepare 4 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 5 of TBPS Fish Sauce.
- You need 1/2 of TPS Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of TBPS Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 Inches of Ginger.
- It's 2 Bunches of Spring Onions.
- It's 3 Pods of Star Anise.
- It's 3 of Cloves.
- It's 1 of TBPS Black Pepper Corn.
- It's 2 of TBPS Coriander Seeds.
- It's 1 Handful of Coriander.
- You need of Noodles.
- It's 1 Packet of Pho Rice Noodles.
- It's of Garnish.
- Prepare 3-4 of Thai Basil.
- Prepare 1 of Lime.
- You need of Bean Sprouts.
- You need of Coriander.
- Prepare of Spring Onions.
- It's of Mint.
- You need of Birds Eye Chilli.
Every time I visit Vietnam, Pho Ga (Vietnamese chicken noodle soup) is one of the first dishes I seek. This recipe is not strictly authentic - I've made a fast version for you using chicken stock and quick-cooking chicken breast so you can have pho as a quick, healthy meal. Because of this, Pho Ga is also eaten not when one is under the weather, much like all versions of chicken noodle soup from around the world. Like other Vietnamese noodle soup dishes, you must clean the chicken thoroughly before making the stock.
Pho Ga, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup instructions
- Soak in hot water for 20 - 25 mins until soft.
- Drain and soak in cold water after.
- Cook soaked noodles in a separate pot for 1 - 2 minutes once the broth is ready.
- Roast or Char whole onion over an open fire on a stove & set aside.
- Slice and smash 2 inches of ginger.
- Cut 2 bunches of green onions in half and smash the ends..
- Pan toast star anise, cloves, black peppercorns & coriander seed till it’s fragrant..
- Add cut ginger, spring onions & coriander into the pan to fry..
- Put all toasted ingredients into a soup bag and place them into a soup pot..
- Add water, chicken stock, fish sauce, sugar, salt..
- Once boiling, add chicken in for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the broth after 10 - 15 mins. Shred meat off and set meat aside..
- Put bones & spare parts back into the pot to continue simmer for better broth.
- Taste as it goes, feel free to add more fish sauce or salt for more taste..
- Put bean sprouts at the bottom of a serving bowl.
- Put cooked noodles on top of the bean sprouts.
- Lay meat on top.
- Add broth in.
- Lay spring onions, Thai basil, mint & coriander on top.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime.
- On a separate condiment saucer, dice chilli up and add fish sauce.
I like to give my chicken a thorough rub down. Making noodle soup is an art form that take a bit of time, but most of the time is passive cooking. I encourage you to try making your own bowl so Some cooks flavor chicken phở broth with the same spices they use for beef phở, my family prefers using coriander seeds and cilantro to distinguish the. Pho is a delicious and hearty Vietnamese soup that consists of broth, rice noodles, herbs, and meat. It is very popular in Vietnam on the street or in restaurants alike.