Vegetable Thai noodles.
You can have Vegetable Thai noodles using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Thai noodles
- You need 6 of large hot red chillies, roughly chopped.
- It's 2 of large white onions.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of thumb size pieces of ginger, peeled.
- You need 1 stick of fresh lemon grass, chopped finely.
- It's 1 bunch of coriander (stalks and leaves).
- Prepare 1 of lime (rind and juice).
- Prepare of Fish sauce.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- Prepare 1 of medium cauliflower chopped, into small chunks.
- It's 2 of large bell peppers, chopped into small chunks.
- It's 1,400 ml of vegetable stock.
- It's 2 (400 ml) of tins of coconut milk.
- You need 2 of nests of medium egg noodles for each person.
- Prepare of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large spring onions, thinly sliced.
Vegetable Thai noodles instructions
- In a food processor add all the chillies, 1/2 of a white onion, 5 cloves of garlic, 1 piece of ginger, all the lemon grass, the stalks of the coriander (save the leaves for later), 1 sliver of peeled lime rind, 1/2 tsp of fish sauce and 3 tsp of curry powder. Blitz until it forms a paste, you may need to add a bit of water to bring it together..
- Finely chop the remaining white onions, mince the remaining garlic cloves and grate the other piece of ginger. Take out a large pot and put it on the hob on a medium heat. Add some oil and then fry the onions, garlic and ginger together for a couple of minutes..
- Add the cauliflower and peppers to the pot. Then add all of the paste you made earlier and stir well until everything is coated..
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Stir well then put the lid on top of the pot and turn the heat down slightly. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft..
- Add 1 tbsp of fish sauce, 2 tsp of brown sugar and the noodles to the pot. Replace the lid and simmer for another 10 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the juice from the lime, the chopped up coriander leaves and the spring onions and stir well. Serve in bowls..