Korean Beef Noodles.
You can have Korean Beef Noodles using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Beef Noodles
- Prepare 5 of large garlic cloves.
- It's 40 g of fresh root ginger.
- It's 1 of red chilli (large, 4 or 5 inches).
- It's of Oil for cooking.
- It's 1 of beef stock cube (red oxo).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of heaped of tomato puree.
- It's 0.5 tsp of marmite.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 4 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of heaped demerara sugar.
- You need 250 g of dried soba noodles or medium egg noodles.
- It's 400 g of sirloin steak.
- You need 600 g of mixed stir fry vegetables.
Korean Beef Noodles instructions
- First, start the sauce; throw the fresh ginger, garlic and de-seeded chilli in to a mini chopper, blender or use a pestle and mortar to make a paste..
- Fry the paste for a minute or two before adding the stock cube, tomato puree and marmite. Add 300ml of cold water, bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes..
- While the sauce is reducing, cut the steak in to thin strips and fry until nicely browned. Put on a plate to one side to rest..
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. The noodles I use take 4-5 minutes in boiling water taken off the heat..
- Next cook the veg. Stir fry for a few minutes until suitably floppy but firm. I like to use 150g of beansprouts, 150g of sugar snap peas and a 300g bag of mixed stir fry veg with edemame beans and butternut squash..
- Finish the sauce once the ten minutes are up by adding the vinegar, soy and sugar. Stir in until the sugar is dissolved..
- Finally, mix the noodles, beef and sauce in to the veg and heat through for a couple of minutes more so that it's all combined nicely. Serve in a big bowl with chopsticks..