Curry Noodle (Mee kari).
You can cook Curry Noodle (Mee kari) using 31 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curry Noodle (Mee kari)
- It's of A. Chicken Broth.
- It's 1 of whole Chicken (small size).
- You need 5 of crushed garlic (chicken cavity).
- Prepare 5 slices of ginger (chicken cavity).
- You need 8 slices of ginger.
- You need 3 stalks of lemon grass - bruised.
- It's 5 of garlic - crushed.
- It's 2-3 tsp of chicken bouillon powder.
- You need of B. Blend smoothly.
- It's 1 of large yellow/brown onion.
- It's 1 stalk (7 cm) of lemon grass - sliced.
- Prepare 2 inch of galangal / ginger.
- It's 6 of garlics.
- You need 8 of candlenuts.
- It's of C. Curry Mixture (paste).
- You need 4 tbsp of meat curry powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground dried shrimp.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chili powder/chilli paste.
- You need of D. Coconut Milk (add last to the broth).
- Prepare 1 tin of coconut cream (see pic).
- You need 1 tin of coconut milk (see pic).
- You need 1-2 tsp of chicken bouillon (or to taste).
- You need of Salt (to taste).
- It's of E. Accompaniments.
- It's of Yellow noodle or vermicelli.
- It's of (blanched/soften).
- Prepare of Chopped Chicken (from A).
- It's of Fresh washed bean sprouts (or blanched).
- It's of Blanched Fish ball / fish cake.
- Prepare of Coriander/continental parsley (opt).
- It's of (Chopped & sprinkle on top).
Curry Noodle (Mee kari) instructions
- Prepare the broth. See attached pic for broth. Chicken need to be fully covered in water. Cover & let boil. Once boil, removed lid let boil for 5-10mins. Turn heat to the mid lower setting & simmer for 25mins with lid on. Remove chicken from the pot & let dry. Prepare ingredients. See pic. Use pure coconut milk. See pic. Many brands add xanthan gum, thickener & many "non-coconut" extras in their canned coconut milk. Read label before buying canned coconut milk..
- Blend ingredients in B with a bit of water until smooth & pasty. Prepare ingredients in C with enough water to make a smooth curry paste. Heat wok/big pot with 1/2 cup of cooking oil. Add blended spices & sauté until translucent & aromatic. Add in curry paste. Keep stirring until aromatic for 5mins or more..
- Next, add chicken broth to the wok/big pot. Stir or whisk to combine. Let boil. Meanwhile, prepare accompaniments - blanch fishball/fishcake & yellow noodles or soften Vermicilli. Next, pour coconut milk into the wok/big pot of boiling broth. (Note: shake or whisk coconut milk in separate bowl as it curdle sometimes). Stir curried broth to mix. Taste & adjust seasoning accordingly. It should be lightly strong as blanched noodle/vermicelli is tasteless. Simmer until it bubbles then Turn off heat..
- Order to assemble - noodles/vermicelli, curried broth, chopped chicken, fish ball/fish cake, bean sprout. Serve hot. Assemble only before serving. Reheat curried broth (if necessary) just before serving. When reheating curried broth, turn off heat immediately right after broth just bubbled or boiled. Do not leave broth boiling too long as it has coconut milk that would turn oily when left boiling longer than necessary..